(A Berry Basket Mystery)
by Sharon Farrow @SharonFarrowBB
About the Book
Mulberry Mischief (A Berry Basket Mystery)
4th in Series
Kensington (August 27, 2019)
Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
Kindle ASIN: B07L2FVR11
Autumn has arrived on the shores of Lake Michigan, but Marlee Jacob, proprietor of The Berry Basket, is feeling a chill for other reasons …
With the Harvest Health Fair in full swing, Marlee makes sure to stock up on elderberry products for cold and flu season. But this year there’s also a run on mulberry when an eccentric customer wants to use the dried berries to ward off evil forces. True, it’s almost Halloween, but something else seems to be spooking Leticia the Lake Lady, Oriole Point’s oddest resident. She believes someone plans to kill her—and the ghost. Only mulberries can protect them. Marlee doesn’t take her fears seriously until a man named Felix Bonaventure arrives in the village, asking questions about a mysterious woman.
The next day, Marlee finds Bonaventure dead on Leticia’s property—shot through the heart with an arrow made of mulberry wood. And Leticia has disappeared. Marlee soon learns the Lake Lady has a deadly past that is connected to the famous Sable family who are in town for the health fair. A bunch of clues start to come together—and figuring out what’s going on puts Marlee in a real jam …
Includes Berry Recipes!
MARTHA’S MULBERRY PANCAKES
If you’ve never tasted pancakes made with mulberries, this recipe recommended by Martha Stewart is a great place to start. And don’t forget the maple syrup. Martha’s recipe can also be found at the back of MULBERRY MISCHIEF.
1 cup whole milk
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted. Additional butter, softened, for serving
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 cups mulberries, more for garnish
Pure maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, baking powder, flour and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and melted butter in another bowl. Gradually add milk, whisking to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Heat heavy skillet or griddle over med-high heat, hot but not smoking. Brush, and reduce lightly with oil and reduce heat to medium.
- Ladle 2 tbsp. batter onto skillet, placing 4-5 mulberries per pancake.
- Cook until pancake edges bubble, 1-1/2 min..
- Flip. Cook until set and bottom is lightly browned, about 1 ½ min. more.
- Repeat with remaining batter, cooking 3-4 pancakes at a time.
- Place cooked pancakes in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- Serve with butter and male syrup. Garnish with mulberries.
About Sharon Farrow
Sharon Farrow is the latest pen name of award-winning author Sharon Pisacreta. A freelance writer since her twenties, she has been published in mystery, fantasy, and romance. Sharon currently writes The Berry Basket cozy mystery series for Kensington. The series debuted in 2016 and is set along the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline where she now lives. She is also one half of the writing team D.E. Ireland, who co-author the Agatha nominated Eliza Doolittle and Henry Higgins mysteries.
WEB PAGE http://sharonfarrowauthor.com/
Follow the tour here!
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?
I’m All About Books is partnering with: